quarta-feira, 10 de junho de 2009

Wes Craven Talks About the New Scream Trilogy.

Another popular horror series is continuing on and the director of the original series has spoken about the new films. Digital Spy recently interviewed Wes Craven who had a few things to say about Scream 4.

What's the status with Scream 4 at the moment? Are we going to see you direct it?

"Bob Weinstein (The Weinstein Company co-chairman) has talked to me, he's interested in me directing it. I had a brief conversation with Kevin [Williamson], I know that Kevin is writing. What I've said to Bob is I'm not closed to it, I'm not open to it, I'll be perfectly happy to read a script and tell him what I think. That's where it's at and I'm not expecting a script until August. I don't know what the premise is or anything."

Do you know what form it's taking? The word 'reboot' has been used.

"I don't think it's a reboot and Kevin, when he talked to me, said, 'Remember, it's not just Scream 4, it's Scream 5 and 6.' So I guess he has a trilogy in mind."

Click here for more of the site's interview with Craven.

Will this even be worth seeing if Wes Craven isn't directing? I personally can't even remember the last time Kevin Williamson wrote something worthwhile. A whole new trilogy is intriguing, but does the world really need 3 more Scream movies where some unlikely killer is revealed at the end of the movie that makes you just sigh in a fit of boredom? I'd say we're better without.

Source: Movieweb.com

Sem comentários: