segunda-feira, 16 de novembro de 2009

THE EXORCIST to be Remade into a TV series?

The Exorcist author William Peter Blatty had some interesting news regarding The Exorcist being developed into a TV series. The most interesting part about this is, that William Friedkin, the director of the 1973 original, has agreed to direct it if it all goes through. Here is what Blatty told Cemetery Dance magazine.

''Yes and no. I would love to have been able to include the subplot involving Karl and his daughter Elvira which I did in my first draft, but that script ran to 172 pages, much, much too long. But I might have it my way in the near future, inasmuch as I’ve written an Exorcist miniseries script that not only faithfully includes all the main elements of the novel, but also some rather spooky new material and scenes, as well as a totally new (and perhaps much more satisfying) ending. I’ve also updated it. Billy Friedkin has agreed to direct.''

I don’t see anyway that a retelling of this classic movie could be any better than the original ‘73 film, which still gives me the creeps when I watch it. It’s cool that all the original players want to be involved, but I just don’t see how this incredibly hardcore horror film is going to work translate as a TV series.

What do you all think? Let us know in the rant back section below.
Source: Geektyrant.com

Sem comentários: